Of course you knew the answer to number 4. Operettas? Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. They lit up the screen with their first film, Naughty Marietta, and solidified their place in Hollywood History with their second film, Rosemarie.
But how did you fare with the other nine questions about filmdom’s famous teams?
If you need a refresher on the questions, scroll down.
1) Mickey and Judy. Last names not needed. The kids made a ton of money for MGM. RKO had a more sexy pair dancing for them. Who?
2) Tracy and Hepburn. This time first names not needed. And MGM had yet another “adult” couple for their serious dramas. Who?
3) Gable and Lombard. Too bad their magic together wasn’t captured on film before she tragically died. How?
5) Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake. They were usually joined by a big tough guy. Who?
6) William Powell and Myrna Loy. They made 6 Thin Man Movies, but how many pictures did they make together in all?
7) Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis. Only one team split. Which?
8) Patsy Kelly and Thelma Todd. Kelly’s career faded in the 40s and 50s but she made a comeback and won a Tony. For what show?
9) Lucy and Desi. Too Many Girls, The Long Long Trailer and Forever Darling. How long between pix?
10) Bogart and Bacall. What was the film?
Answers: Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers; Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon; airplane crash; William Bendix; 14; Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis; No, No, Nanette; 14, then 2; To Have and Have Not.