Yes, they were married at the time. Joan Crawford and husband number three. Know him?
(And, yes, that’s our man Donald Gordon on the right.)
Our mystery man’s best film: Lost Weekend.
– Our mystery man appeared with Crawford in a 1937 opus titled Mannequin. Later, after a six-week courtship, they married in 1942. She was his first wife. It lasted four years.
– Post Joan, our mystery man had a lengthy and diverse career, heavy on tv in the later years. He had multiple roles on the Perry Mason series. His movie career ranged from such solid films as 1947′s Born To Kill with Lawrence Tierney and Claire Trevor, to 1960′s horror opus with Coleen Gray, The Leech Woman.
– He was born in San Franciso in 1909 as Frederick Henry Kormann, and died a rich man (thanks to canny real estate investments) in 1993 at age 83.
– He began making movies in the late Thirties, and was seen in such films as 1938′s Hold That Kiss with Mickey Rooney.
– He somehow picked up a pronounced British accent early on, and had to work hard with MGM vocal coaches to lose it.
Ok, just WHO is our mystery man? (Answer tomorrow.)